Tuesday, August 22, 2006

After Seeing My Shoes Next to a Mountain of Socks

A hundred socks, but only two shoes.
The odds were overwhelming,
But there was love between those shoes,
"A perfect pair" you might say.
Though the socks opposed and gnashed their teeth,
The love only grew stronger,
Day by Day.

So the shoes decided to runaway,
And they ran fast to my room closet where
I never kept socks,
They knew they'd be safe there.
They planted pair trees and bore much fruit.
And then they suffocated when I wore them to school.

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Nomos said...

Very clever. I like, I like...

After this poem, you've raised expectations among your readers. We now expect - nay, demand - more and more of the same. Don't leave us out in the cold: post another poem soon. It'll be good for you.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Katie! said...

I like it, keep 'em comin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home